Everyone is in a hurry these days and there’s information overload happening in the travel industry online.
If you want someone to book your property or service you’ve got to be able to capture their attention, answer all their questions then take their booking the instant that they are ready.
Online Booking Systems
There are a range of online booking systems available in the market at the moment. These are some of the things you need to think about before you choose which one to use:
- do you want to pay a set monthly/annual fee for the system or do you want to pay only a commission per booking?
- do you want to take the payment yourself or have the booking system company take the payment?
- does it need to connect to a channel manager?
- what sort of availability display do you prefer – gird based or a list of rooms?
- what other sort of information do you need the booking system to display e.g. photos, inclusions, descriptions?
- does the system need to be mobile phone friendly?
- should the bookings be confirmed instantly (live availability) or do you want to be able to confirm each request?
- what do you want to display when you are sold out for particular dates/rooms?
- do you want to be able to customise the header for the booking system and/or the confirmation email?
- do you need to be able to take a deposit or just hold credit card details?
- can the system adjust to fit in with your cancellation policy?
- who handles cancellations or date changes?
- do you need to be able to send additional information to guests prior to their arrival date?
- do you want the booking engine to integrate into your website or be just a link to another site?
- do you want to have booking widgets on your website for quick date availability checks?
Contact us about setting up an online booking system for your website.