Once Google Analytics is activated and the code installed on your website you can track the performance of your website moving forwards. Google supplies Analytics as a free service available to all website owners. It’s up to you to use it for making business decisions and improving the success of your site.
Top 10 Statistics for your Travel Related Website
- Number of visitors (includes repeat browsers) and unique visitors
- Average number of pages visited – how extensively browsers have moved through your site
- Average time on your site – consider how long it takes to properly understand your product/service and whether this time is enough to make a booking/transaction/decision
- Demographics/Location – the number of browsers per country – compare this to your target markets
- Mobile/Devices – how many people are trying to view your site on phones and other mobile devices like tablets
- Traffic Sources/All traffic – where your visitors are coming from – useful for determining the value of any links you have in place
- Site Content/All Pages – which pages are being viewed the most and average time on each
- Site Content/Landing Pages – where browsers are entering your site and therefore how successful your SEO and links to those pages are
- Traffic Sources/Keywords – which words and phrases are being used the most in search engines then clicked on to link to your site
- Goal conversion – you can set up goals and track them e.g. how many people go to your booking engine from your website
If you’d like us to set up Google Analytics, standardise an overview for you and/or set up regular reports to be emailed to you on a regular basis contact us today.